My goal was to list ten of my favorite things from the 1000 Awesome Things list made by Neil Pasricha. For some cosmic weird reason, which escapes from my understanding, it was too difficult to dismiss many of them from my list. I settled at nineteen.
Within the context of our current quest, last week we posted our (micro) interview with Neil. He is an expert wonder-seeker and a living proof of what we can achieve by training our minds in the task of enjoying the small pleasures of life and finding awesome things everywhere.
We can’t let Neil go without taking a glance to his blog. In a theory-to-practice kind of doing, I considered a good idea to take a look of some these awesome things we are talking about. Not an easy task. The blog’s name is not a hyperbole; the list actually has 1000 different items in it.
(Note: the order in which each awesome thing was listed in Neil’s blog is marked right afterwards. if you link into it, it’ll take you to corresponding page and its explanation).
My Favorite Awesome Things
- The last day of school (#6)
- The smell of the coffee aisle in the grocery store (#852)
- Seeing someone laugh in their sleep (#790)
- The Sun (#66)
- Finding something you lost a long time ago after you already gave up looking for it (#633)
- Photosynthesis (#551)
- Making a baby laugh (#296)
- The sound of rain from inside the tent (#796)
- The far corners of your mind (#3)
- Giant morning stretches accompanied by stupid noises (#535)
- When that social event you didn’t want to go to gets cancelled (#473)
- Remembering how lucky we are to be here right now (#2)
- Lineup friends (#56)
- Absolute perfect silence (#850)
- Finally unsubscribing from that annoying email you’ve been getting forever (#106)
- Terrible businesses run by children (#940)
- Bakery air (#909)
- The moment after the lightning and before the thunder (#193)
- Saying thanks (#258)