AUG 26 2011

Versatile Blogger Award!

Topics

I’m very happy to accept a Versatile Blogger Award from writer, psychic and friend Lisa Marie Selow from Punk Rock Psychic. You might know her already or remember her article posted here in Frugal Science about Meditation.

By the way, Lisa is currently working on her book which, judging by her unique writing style –mysterious and energetic- it is very likely that is going to be a blast.

Now, back to the Versatile Blogger Award, there are some few rules that you should follow, I you decide to accept it:

1. Thank the person who awarded it to you, by linking back to them in your post.

2. Share 7 things about yourself in your blog post.

3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs (contact the owners to let them know too!)

I am passing the Versatile Blogger Award to some of my favorite blogs (My 7 personal things will follow) I recommend that you check them out. (They are in no particular order).

Happy Maker now

Living Each Day

Life Chapters

StellaAnokan.com

StevenSuchar.com

DaniMcGrath.com

Now, here are my 7 things:

1. I am an oceanographer.
  2. I usually post my articles –and probably comment about yours-, through the internet, from a very distant and rather wilder island (equatorial Pacific) far away from civilization. I have been working here for more than 15 years.
  3. English is not my native language. Although I speak English fluently, I do have a funny accent (I will record a video some day so you’ll laugh a bit).
  4. I never took a lesson on drawing and, although I have been doing my cartoons since childhood, I just recently discovered I needed to publish them –that’s what I do in Frugal Science.com.
  5. I care about environment (I am specialized in mangrove ecosystems)
  6. I help aquaculture farms to raise their production by including environment friendly practices in their production system.
  7. Before taking this job, I spent five years travelling a lot by free, attending seminars about climate change (I was usually invited to give a speech or so) until I got sick about the Climate Change Debate (really, I don’t like to read or hear a word of the subject).

There are 6 comments

• Karla Campos on said:

Thanks Gustavo for including me in your list! I really appreciate it and just wanted to tell you that I think it is great what you do for the environent and I am looking forward to your video : )
    Karla Campos recently posted..Keep Your Man Home Tonight Grilled BBQ Ribs

• Twitted by GigLogo on said:

[...] This post was Twitted by GigLogo [...]

• Suerae Stein on said:

Hello Gustavo! Thank you for this fun award! I love it because I can learn more about those people whose blogs I enjoy. I’m fascinated by your story and never would’ve known it had you not peaked my interest with your message and this post. I will start working on my post very soon, although we have a hurricane heading in our direction, so hope not to lose power for too long. Your drawings are terrific and I am looking forward to your upcoming video! ~ Suerae
    Suerae Stein recently posted..Fab Foto Friday – All Aboard!

• gustavo on said:

Hey Karla and Suerae! Thank you so much for your support. You guys are awesome.

• Desi on said:

Thank you, Gustavo! What a lovely award! And I’m honoured to be in such good company :) I’m looking forward to your video!
    Desi recently posted..So Much Pretty

• Michelle Shaeffer on said:

Thanks so much for the mention, Gustavo. Some of my favorite blogs are on your list. :) And I’ll have to stop by the others.

Now I know what topic never to bring up in comments/conversation with you. :)
    Michelle Shaeffer recently posted..The Problem With Conventional Wisdom

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Current day month ye@r *

CommentLuv badge

Behind Frugal Science
    Hi there! I’m Gustavo and Frugal Science is about helping you rediscover your exploring nature and enjoying the benefits of looking life in a different way. Anybody can become a true explorer –it’s our nature-, all you need is a mindful attention and some frugal science.
    Click on the comic to read the CARTOON version of Frugal Science (Work in Progress)
    Why Do We Dream?
    The Dream Connection Hypothesis

Why do We Dream?

click here to go to Amazon

A new amazing hypothesis about the function and the nature of dreams - without the scientific jargon -, is now available in Amazon.